Sr. System Administrator – Financial Services
We are currently looking for a Sr. System Administrator for a client of ours who is a fast-growing financial services firm located in the Boston area. The ideal candidate must have experience with mid-senior level implementations and management of various projects within their cloud infrastructure.
- Design systems and solutions as part of technology and business line-sponsored initiatives, leveraging leading industry practices.
- Work with team members to procure, build, and implement servers, systems and processes to support the design.
- Be a mentor for junior staff members within the Systems Engineering team while assisting with any ad-hoc and formal coaching, training, and development efforts.
- Provide guidance for platform and security direction of the organization by monitoring industry trends, enabling proof-of-concept exercises, and recommending specific technologies to pursue.
- Documentation of system monitoring and alerting standards for the firm’s platforms through automation (applications ands scripting)
- Implement and manage applications in a cloud-hosted environment such as Azure.
- Act as main escalation point for any support-related server and application issues.
- Identify issues and determine root cause via a consistent, logical approach.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of enterprise technology operational experience
- Professional experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Strong professional experience in cloud-based monitoring along with on-premise monitoring solutions (Splunk, SolarWinds, etc).
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and security concepts are required
- Professional experience in managing and configuring load balancers such as F5, Citrix, etc.
- Experience with virtualization platforms, such as Nutanix AHV, KVM, and VMWare ESX.
- Familiarity with automation through enterprise distribution and configuration management platforms such as SCCM, Ansible, Jenkins, Ivanti, Puppet, or Chef.
- Thorough understanding of endpoint security suite products, and enterprise class backup systems (Commvault,Veam).
- Familiarity with cloud concepts such as containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and cloud management platforms.
- Senior level experience in one or more scripting languages such as PowerShell, Perl, Python.
- Strong demonstrated ability to implement and support scalable technology solutions.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org