Great opportunity to join one of the premier global medical device corporations working in their new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Pittsburgh, PA. They are going through significant expansion and have created new manufacturing mechanical engineering opening.
This position is responsible to develop and implement changes to product design and/or to the automation and manufacturing process to achieve significant quality, or cost improvements. The candidate will participate in new product development programs, working with other business units to identify design-for-manufacturability issues, ensuring these issues are addressed prior to release, and compliance to best practices and design documentation policies.
- Act as project leader for manufacturing projects to ensure manufacturing success through cross-functional collaboration with other business units, coordination of overall project and budget management
- Ensure that production processes and systems as well as our product designs for both existing and new products produce the highest possible quality (consistency) and lowest possible cost
- Responsible for driving multiple improvement programs through to implementation and following-up on the results achieved, including: Quality Monitoring and Actions, Production Efficiency, Improve Assembly Methods, Document and Implement Approved Changes
- May act as the CAD coordinator for the department, ensuring compliance to best practices and design documentation policies
- May be the project leader on Lean/Six Sigma initiatives and Cost Improvement Projects, 5S, Kaizen events
Mechanical Engineering degree preferred
- Required 3 plus years related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Preferred automated manufacturing experience
- Preferred medical device manufacturing experience
If interested, please email Earl Callender at email@example.com