Audit Senior opportunity – 100% Remote
Our client, a large (Non Big 4) CPA Firm with multiple offices in Massachusetts, seeks to add an Audit Senior to their staff. Please note this position is 100% remote.
As a part of the team, you will work directly with Managers and Partners of the firm. Our client will help you grow and develop your career through collaborative workgroups and mentoring across peers and managers. Seniors are instrumental in mentoring and developing Associate level staff, and are the primary lead on client engagements walkthroughs, reviewing work papers, and helping to identify/resolve audit issues.
This is a 100% FULLY REMOTE job.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and preparing financial statements, footnotes, and work papers
- Demonstrating professional creativity in dealing with client matters and making constructive suggestions to improve client operations
- Effectively analyzing client transactions, recognizing potential or existing problems, conducting appropriate research, and working closely with managers on resolving the issue
- Understanding the purpose of accounting and general ledger recording procedures
- Performing accounting procedures and/or tax applications in accordance with firm standards and in an accurate, thorough and timely manner, including proposing journal entries to client general ledgers
- Serving as the Engagement Lead on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable
- Developing a detailed engagement work plan, illustrating budgets and schedules
- Monitoring project status against the work plan and communicating schedule adjustments to managers and/or partners
- Developing a professional relationship with the client serving as the primary point-of-contact
What you will need:
- Education: BS/BA accounting; CPA designation or eligibility to sit is highly desirable
- Minimum 2-5 years’ audit & accounting experience in a public accounting arena
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards
- Knowledge of FAR and CAS
- Extraordinary client service and communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain excellent client relationships
- Strong leadership, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology
- Strong research skills
- Technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; audit software, ProSystems experience a plus
Salary range $85-125K + Bonus
Please email Wes Tyrrell firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.