Senior Cost Accountant- Manufacturing- Providence, RI
We are seeking candidates for a Senior Cost Accountant position located in the Providence, RI area. This position is with an industry leading consumer goods company and the positions reports directly to the CFO. The Senior Cost Accountant will be responsible for cost accounting, financial reporting, and FP&A. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing setting with strong Excel skills.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity that will pay a base salary of $120k plus bonus.
- Assist with financial audits, month-end closing, and other ad-hoc requests
- Keep log of freight charges and duty rates
- Analyze and explain monthly budget variance
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and standard costs
- Process Accounts Payable
- Establishes all inventory control procedures.
- Provide reporting of plant metrics and KPI’s
- Ensure product costings are accurate
- Reconcile and reduce inventory variance accounts
- Calculate/analyze labor overhead costs
- Review of freight costs in relation to standard cost calculations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or related field)
- Advanced understanding of US GAAP
- 5+ years of cost accounting experience
- Interest in financial modeling & data analytics
- Strong systems skills (Great Plains preferred)
- Proficient in Excel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to Olivia at email@example.com.