Senior Accountant – Boston, MA
We are currently seeking candidates for a Senior Accountant to join a top-tier investment management firm located in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, and self-motivated. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for executing a variety of financial procedures, including month-end and year-end closings, accounts payable and receivable, tax returns, bank reconciliations, general ledger reviews, forecasting and budgeting.
This role is 3-6+ month contract-to-hire opportunity, paying $55/hour. Please note: References WILL be checked, and the Senior Accountant MUST be able to commute into the Boston office.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly accounting entries and reconciliations for US and international cash balances, accounts receivables, capital assets and other ancillary balance sheet accounts
- Prepare cash reconciliations and update monthly cash flow analysis
- Assist the finance team with budget and forecasting initiatives, especially cash forecasting
- Prepare comprehensive responses to management’s inquiries
- Assist with the revenue recording and reporting monthly for various lines of business in multiple jurisdictions
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses
- Research and resolve complex reconciling issues and discrepancies; take corrective measures to prevent
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- MBA and/or Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in Accounting, Audit or related Finance experience
- Experience analyzing revenue experience
- Must possess a strong knowledge of accounting principles, including GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Advanced Excel and MS Office highly desired
- CPA preferred; Big 4 public accounting firm experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For immediate consideration, interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to Allie at email@example.com
Please note: This listing is for a fixed-term contract position, which we are looking to fill immediately. While we are interested in all qualified candidates, we seek candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship, as we cannot sponsor immigration-related employment visas for this particular role. Daley And Associates in an equal opportunity employer and it is Daley And Associates’ policy to review applications regardless of race, gender, national origin, citizenship status or any other classification protected by law.