Director Commercial IT Systems
Our Client is seeking a Commercial, Marketing, & Medical IT Associate Director – Director to join our rapidly growing organization. Reporting to the Head of IT, this critical position will need the ability to build strong relationships with business partners, anticipate business requirements across the Medical, Marketing, & Commercial Pharma space, and leverage a deep understanding of process and technology to resolve business challenges will be critical.
This person can work remotely however expectations would be for the candidate to be in the office on a monthly basis in Boston MA, as needed.
- Developed IT strategies and roadmaps with significant input into strategy, working as a business partner with commercial, marketing, and medical affairs stakeholders. Leverage technical expertise to achieve business goals, sourcing cloud solutions both with technology and external providers.
- Project Management: Implement agile approach where possible to better align project delivery and business needs. However, experience with traditional waterfall-based projects within regulated environments is also required.
- Manage future delivery and resources of Commercial, Marketing, and Medical IT Functions:
- Commercial and Medical Ecosystem: create, maintain, and enhance a highly integrated commercial environment with any integration points, cloud vendors/applications.
- Marketing IT: Built out future MarTech stack & solutions based on marketing requirements. The solution management of HCP/External opt ins and opt outs.
- Veeva CRM and Vault: Manage business partnership, development (minor enhancements, CRM insights) and Tier 1 support.
- Data Management: Responsibilities include managing future MDM application (i.e., Informatica, Alteryx) and SQL Server Based Commercial Data Lake/Warehouse (Snowflake) leveraging outside consulting partners as required.
- Business Intelligence: BI service creation, delivery, support (i.e., PowerBI, Tableau) and building out of the analytical capabilities leveraging outside consulting partners as required.
- Primary liaison between key Karuna stakeholders and IT team, supporting a variety of commercial functions (territory alignment, targeting, sales reporting, incentive compensation, Veeva and integrations, speaker programs).
- In depth knowledge and IT administration/support around MLR processes and systems (i.e., Veeva Promomats, Medcomms)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- 10 years in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industries building out medical, marketing, and commercial IT cloud-based solutions & services
- Experience with evolving people, process, technology, and governance for pre and post commercial environments
- Public company experience
- Veeva module experience (i.e., Promomats, MedComms, CRM)
- Business Intelligence, ETL, and MDM expertise
- Cloud based ERP systems knowledge (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written skills, allowing for an open and effective dialogue throughout the company.
- Attention to detail and quality are critical to success.
- Highly accountable for the results and outcomes of their responsibilities and understands the impact of their efforts, results, and attitudes on others.
- Uses teamwork to work cooperatively toward the most effective solutions, championing the best ideas of team members, and assisting where help is needed yet is capable of highly independent work when efficiency is required.
- Results-oriented individual who is highly motivated, decisive, flexible in thought, and has the creativity to excel in and contribute to a rapidly growing company.
- Forward thinking mindset with the ability to manage multiple projects, and identify and resolve issues.