Electrical Controls Engineer – Medical Device Manufacturing, Contract
Our medical device manufacturing client in Pittsburgh, PA is looking to add in a contract electrical controls engineer who would be responsible to develop and implement changes to product design and/or to the automation and manufacturing process to achieve significant quality, or cost improvements. Requires participation in new product development programs, working with other business units to identify design-for-manufacturability issues, ensuring these issues are addressed prior to release, and compliance to best practices and design documentation policies.
- Act as project leader for manufacturing projects to ensure manufacturing success through cross-functional collaboration with other business units, coordination of overall project and budget management.
- Ensure that production processes and systems as well as our product designs for both existing and new products produce the highest possible quality (consistency) and lowest possible cost.
- Responsible for driving multiple improvement programs through to implementation and following-up on the results achieved, including: Quality Monitoring and Actions, Production Efficiency, Improve Assembly Methods, Document and Implement Approved Changes.
- Provide Controls Engineering support to the department; ensure best practices are applied and followed on manufacturing projects, including leading or participating in design reviews.
- May act as the software change coordinator for the department, ensuring compliance to best practices and design documentation policies.
- May be the project leader on Lean/Six Sigma initiatives and Cost Improvement Projects, 5S, Kaizen events.
- Required Bachelor’s Degree Engineering
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering
- Preferred Master’s Degree Engineering
- Required 5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Preferred 10 years related experience in manufacturing environment
- Preferred automated manufacturing experience
- Preferred medical device manufacturing experience
- Electrical Design
- Electrical Schematic Print Reading
- Electro-Mechanical Design
- Automated Manufacturing
- Design for Manufacturability
- Electrical and Automation Troubleshooting
- Root Cause Analysis
- CAD Experience in SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Electrical Drawing Creation
- Pneumatic Systems
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming and troubleshooting
- Understanding of electrical designs and concepts, including networking, drives, PLC and I/O. Familiarization with Rockwell PLC’s is preferred.
- Develop and document new PLC controls systems from concept to qualification
- Troubleshoot problems with current PLC control systems
- Maintain configuration control of current PLC source code
- Provide controls engineering support to plant operations
- Support resolution of production plant downtime events
- Troubleshoot wiring and logic for PLC systems
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Technical Writing (Validation documents, Procedures, and Instructions)
- Preferred Validation (Installation, Operation, and Production Qualification and Test Method Validation)
- Preferred Ultrasonic Welding Processing and Equipment Experience
If interested, please email Earl Callendar at firstname.lastname@example.org.