Manufacturing Electrical Controls Engineer
Our client, a global hematology device company is currently seeking a Manufacturing Electrical Controls Engineer to join their new state-of-the-art facility as a contractor. This person will be responsible for developing and implementing changes to product design and/or to the automation and manufacturing process to achieve significant quality, or cost improvements.
- Participation in new product development programs, working with other business units to identify design-for-manufacturability issues, ensuring these issues are addressed prior to release, and compliance to best practices and design documentation policies.
- Act as project leader for manufacturing projects to ensure manufacturing success through cross-functional collaboration with other business units, coordination of overall project and budget management.
- Ensure that production processes and systems as well as our product designs for both existing and new products produce the highest possible quality (consistency) and lowest possible cost.
- Responsible for driving multiple improvement programs through to implementation and following-up on the results achieved, including Quality Monitoring and Actions, Production Efficiency, Improve Assembly Methods, Document and Implement Approved Changes.
- Provide Controls Engineering support to the department; ensure best practices are applied and followed on manufacturing projects, including leading or participating in design reviews.
- May act as the software change coordinator for the department, ensuring compliance to best practices and design documentation policies.
- May be the project leader on Lean/Six Sigma initiatives and Cost Improvement Projects, 5S, Kaizen events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in electrical design, electrical schematic print reading, SolidWorks/AutoCAD, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming/troubleshooting, controls engineering support, and technical writing
- Automated manufacturing experience preferred
- Medical device manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean methods
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com