Help Desk Engineer
Our Law Firm client is looking for a fulltime Help Desk Engineer to join them in their downtown Boston, MA location. This is a small and collaborative team so they are looking for someone who is willing to be on-site 5 days a week. Candidates must currently be local to Boston to be considered and there is no sponsorship being offered or C2C candidates being considered. Candidates must be vaccinated to apply.
- Perform problem management, isolation, and resolution in a corporate environment
- Areas of support include executive-level support, phone support, core application support, remote access & mobile computing support
- Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations of user systems via remote support and desk-side support
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and respond to after-hours on-call support needs on a rotating basis
- Assists in the management of project implementations
- Able to assemble, install, upgrade and configure new desktop computing resources, including hardware, software, and applications in a Microsoft environment
- Ability to quickly diagnose desktop hardware, software, or operator problems and to recommend corrective action
- Able to analyze user computing needs and recommend solutions
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience preferred
- At least 3-5 years experience in IT
- Powerful analytical ability, strong judgment, and problem analysis techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills in a corporate environment and able to work successfully on a team
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) present throughout the organization on a senior level is a must
- Must be creative and flexible to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- Must possess the ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, dynamic environment with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Must be a team-oriented person who can share information, goals, opportunities, successes, and failures with the appropriate parties.
- Be open to assume additional responsibilities as requested, and perform ad-hoc duties as required
- Ability to solve complex systems problems quickly with little technical guidance and develop automated corrective measures
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- ITIL certifications a plus
- Candidates must be proficient in installing, using, and troubleshooting (with native tools) Windows 7, Windows 10 Microsoft Office 2013 & 2016
- Familiarity with ServiceNow Incident Management a plus.
- Extensive knowledge in using such mobile devices as Android/iPhone/iPad
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and general networking concepts including DNS, DHCP, FTP & VPN
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with Active Directory
- General experience with desktop imaging, patch management and deployment
- Manage file/exchange permissions
If you are interested in learning more about this role please send your resume to Angela Fagin at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.