Desktop Engineer – Life Sciences – Boston, MA (Contract)
We are currently conducting a search for a Desktop Engineer Contractor (3-6 m engagement) for a client of ours who is a fast-growing BioTech company in the Boston area. This person will act as a trusted IT resource for our client. He/she will provide white glove customer service for end users and interact directly with key stakeholders within the business. This candidate will also be a big component for the drive to successful execution of technical support for all staff, consultants, and enhancements.
This role will be a 100% on-site role.
- Serves as a point of contact for all technical support issues at Boston office, Mid-West office, and for remote based employees
- Provides technical support to resolve network issues, configuring operating systems, as well as remote desktop connections
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots software and hardware problems
- Monitors ticketing system and ensures tickets are addressed in a timely fashion
- Provides remote support to customers over the phone using remote assist tools
- Triage between customers and vendors to assist in resolving customer issues with hardware, software, communications (networks/ISP’s), and desktop applications
- Applies technical knowledge and systems/software expertise to identify root cause of issues (responding / articulating solutions and post issue corrective documentation)
- Addresses customer needs and concerns appropriately and promptly, escalating tickets with service provider(s) as needed
- 5+ years’ help desk experience (Level 1-2, Level 3 preferred)
- Customer centric; white glove, etc.
- Experience interacting with 3rd party help desk service providers (supervising preferred)
- AD on prem and Azure proficiency (certification preferred)
- Experience supporting enterprise apps (i.e., Office 365 Suite, MS/Okta SSO, BOX, DocuSign, SharePoint, Teams, Zoom, VDI)
- Create SWI, SOP, KBs, etc
- Experience as the key IT help desk resource in a growing life science-based company
- Offboarding and Onboarding help desk service providers (preferred)
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service skills to improve the customer experience, and achieve customer satisfaction by providing highly technical troubleshooting of complex issues to meet issue resolution and achieve customer satisfaction
- Knowledge in implementation and troubleshooting of network devices
- Works independently and collaboratively to resolve problems
- Strong documentation skills (training documentation)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly accountable for the results and outcomes of their responsibilities and understands the impact of their efforts, results, and attitudes on others
For immediate consideration please email a resume to Ryan at email@example.com
Please note: This listing is for a fixed-term contract position, which we are looking to fill immediately. While we are interested in all qualified candidates, we seek candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship, as we cannot sponsor immigration-related employment visas for this particular role. Daley And Associates, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and it is Daley And Associates’ policy to review applications regardless of race, gender, national origin, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by law.