Mechanical Maintenance II Tech- Medical Device
An opportunity to join a premier medical device manufacturer and support operations in their new state of the art Pittsburgh, PA manufacturing site. Our client is expanding their team looking to hire 4 full-time mechanical maintenance techs. First and Second shift opportunities. Excellent benefits including 401k.
- Minimizes equipment downtime and ensures achievement of daily and weekly production goals by diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing production equipment, including molding machines, high volume, high speed automated assembly equipment, welder, conveyor systems, and other auxiliary equipment such as case sealer, printers, labelers, flow wrappers, etc. Utilizes diagrams, schematics, manuals, instructions, and engineering specifications in the completion of these job functions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; soliciting information from line operators and other production associates, and listening for problems. Uses precision measuring and testing instruments, gauges, and other hand tools to complete essential functions.
- Verifies effectiveness of repairs, improvements and ensures product produced meets specification.
- Schedules, performs and documents all preventive maintenance in accordance with manufacturer’s operation and maintenance schedule, policy and procedure and facility guidelines.
- Works closely with the engineering team to complete a variety of activities, including but not limited to: developing user instructions and job aids, implementing process changes, root cause evaluations, corrective actions, qualifications, tests, protocols, validation and other department projects.
- Provides mechanical maintenance expertise to production associates by answering questions and requests; communicating with operators, engineering, management, outside contractors and others as necessary.
- Instructs and trains personnel in the proper methods and techniques of operation and use of production machines and equipment. Communicates new procedures as necessary.
- Develops and fabricates any new fixturing required for the department to which assigned, as well as modifications to existing equipment.
- May handle equipment installation projects from start to finish, including initiating contact with vendors to review equipment problems and determine proper repairs or improvements to equipment and interacting with other departments such as Engineering and Purchasing to complete the project.
- Assists with investigating potential areas for quality and efficiency improvements.
- Recommends process adjustments to aid production. Implements changes as directed.
- Recommends and implement improvements to ensure a safe workplace. Identifies and reports potential safety hazards.
- Orders and maintains spare parts inventory for machines and equipment.
- Complies with all GMP’s, SOP’s, MI’s and SI’s during the course of his/her work.
- Complies with facility escalation procedures.
- Maintains all required documentation, including production and maintenance logs.
Interested and qualified candidates please send a resume to Earl at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to the job.