Daley And Associates is conducting a candidate search for the VP, Controller for our international Medical Device client, based locally in Watertown, MA. The Controller will report to the CFO and drive the financial policies, procedures, reporting, and accountability for the company. This is a great opportunity to lead a nimble financial team in in a fast-growing, dynamic organization.
Responsibilities – The Controller will serve as the U.S. Finance Business Partner:
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting, reporting, monthly variance analysis and ad hoc financial & business analysis to help drive business decisions. Ensure accurate & timely financial (GAAP) reporting for management, investors, and grant agencies
- Safeguard company assets and appropriate cash management procedures are in place
- Coordinate with external advisors and auditors for timely completion of financial audit and tax filings
- Implement appropriate processes, procedures, and controls to adhere to regulatory requirements and to maximize the efficiency and accuracy of financial management.
- Analyze, select, and integrate financial reporting tools, including GL, ERP, budgeting & forecasting, project management or other software
- Hire, train, and supervise growing accounting and payroll team
- The Controller is a hands-on role which may include journal entries, reconciliations, data entry, and review in addition to the management role
- BA or BS degree in finance, accounting, and/or significant accounting education
- Minimum of 10 years’ accounting experience with at least 5 years at a management level
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firm, Public Organization, SEC reporting/GAAP, CPA preferred
- Cost Accounting, Manufacturing, Medical Device/Technology
- FP&A, Project Management & Implementation
- High integrity and ethics, a focus on patient safety and well-being, commitment to quality and timely delivery of results