Patient Access Specialist
We are currently seeking candidates for a Patient Access Specialist position with a world-renowned Boston hospital. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly successful and innovative organization that continues to earn recognition for providing exceptional care to patients, while simultaneously carrying out ground-breaking research.
This role is a 3-6+ month contract-to-hire opportunity paying $20/hour.
- Perform pre-registration of new patients by making/receiving patient calls collecting and documenting patient demographics, financial, and other relevant personal information
- Verify patient identification
- Update changes to patient insurance and/or demographic information as needed
- Manage referral and authorizations information as assigned
- Communicate regularly with physicians and other medical providers regarding clinical clarifications
- Document daily activities in a timely, accurate manner in hospital information system
- BS/BA degree preferably in healthcare/business administration or health science related field
- 1+ years of relevant work experience, including healthcare/business administration, health insurance, medical policy/chart review, nursing, and/or other allied health fields
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office suite experience
- Project Management experience (preferred)
- Experience with EPIC a major plus
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to Allie at email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Please note: This listing is for a fixed-term contract position, which we are looking to fill immediately. While we are interested in all qualified candidates, we seek candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship, as we cannot sponsor immigration-related employment visas for this particular role. Daley And Associates in an equal opportunity employer and it is Daley And Associates’ policy to review applications regardless of race, gender, national origin, citizenship status or any other classification protected by law.
Keywords: Healthcare, Patient Access, Patient Services, Health Services Patient Access Specialist