We are currently seeking candidates for a Staff Accountant at a very reputable Law Firm in Downtown Boston, MA, 02111.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience in general accounting and financial record keeping within a corporate and/or legal environment.
This is a 6+ month temporary role (with an opportunity of becoming permanent).
Hourly Pay Rate: Up to $37.00 per hour based on relative work experience.
- Review all incoming payments (Checks, Wires, ACH Payments, Credit Cards) for accuracy and posting of payments
- Research any discrepancies or questions regarding incoming payments
- Monitor bank activity
- Make deposits and issue disbursements from escrow/trust accounts
- Maintain the accounting records for the escrow/trust accounts
- Monthly reconciliations
- Calculate and process payments
- Responsible for accounting for fixed assets
- Assist with month-end close
- Prepare information requested by the firm’s external auditor for the annual review and tax preparation
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ year’s general accounting experience including month-end reconciliations and reporting
- Able to analyze financial data related to financial statements and reconciliations
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with different people and departments
- Must be highly organized and able to manage time extremely well
- Must be a dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment
For immediate consideration, interested and qualified candidates please email an updated resume in a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Accountant, reconciliation, month-end, general ledger, accounts receivable