Head of Applications Development
Our client, a biotechnology company focused on affordable, safe, and easy-to-use cell sorting and analysis technology experiencing tremendous growth, is currently seeking a highly motivated Head of Applications Development to join their Commercial team. This person will be responsible for providing high-level leadership and strategy to a growing team of Applications Scientists and leading the department to successfully deliver scientific applications support. The Head of Applications will work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to generate and execute strategic growth initiatives and advance business development efforts.
- Lead a team of in-house application scientists across a range of functional responsibilities, including relevant scientific content creation, pre- and post-sales scientific support, and application/product launches
- Actively support the product development process with accountability for communicating technical details to distributed field-based stakeholders
- Support Marketing and R&D in the management of internal and external new product testing and product line extensions
- Measure and prioritize individual and team contributions centered on enabling worldwide application resources to deliver excellence in the field and remote support
- Provide escalation leadership for an acute or systemic product or application issues
- Support institutional learning through strong cross-functional communication, best practice sharing, and a high level of communication
- Ensure application expertise is maintained across all company product lines through resourcing, training, and staff development
- Empower senior stakeholders with actionable data from market insight, product performance, and customer trends
- Manage in house laboratory supporting internal and external training, demand generation, application development/improvement, and related commercial activity. This includes managing Lab Operations Manager and Company Safety team member(s).
- Support strategic engagements with customers in select partnerships.
- Support onboarding of new technical staff and ongoing continuing education
- Identify product and process improvements that engender customer success loyalty, and satisfaction throughout the product lifecycle.
- Ensure effective partnerships with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Operations, and R&D staff through several layers of the organization, including executive staff.
- Travel as necessary (<10% travel).
- Ph.D. in Biology related field (or BS/MS with equivalent experience) and a strong background working in Flow Cytometry and Cell Analysis is required
- A minimum of 5 years managing an applications team of at least 4-8 scientists
- A minimum of 3 years working in Flow Cytometry Analysis/Cell Sorting applications utilizing competitive systems
- Experience engaging and negotiating business collaborations with outside partners
- Proven ability to produce and present application value to drive business growth through publications, marketing content, podium presentations, webinars, expanding collaborations to drive strategic initiatives
- Multi-year experience within the Flow Cytometry (Life Sciences, Biotech, or Diagnostics) in a global commercial capacity with a strong understanding of Academic, Pharmaceutical and Biotech customer segments
- Self-starter with ability to take leadership in an unstructured environment
- Must have excellent communication skills, and the ability to influence the territory to achieve quarterly and annual business objectives
- Excellent organizational skills
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com