About the Company
Our Client, a commercial leader in regenerative medicine, is currently seeking a Medical Writer to join their team. This is a highly-visible role inside a phenomenal work culture, and a chance to work amongst the top-talent in medicine and make a difference in people's life.
The Medical Writer will be responsible for writing and editing high-quality, medically relevant scientific publications (i.e. clinical, scientific and health economics manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations) to fulfill medical/scientific objectives, in accordance with authors’ direction. Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the development and author review/approval of assigned publication projects, according to timelines in the publication plan.
- Providing scientific publications writing/editing support, ensuring successful preparation of high-quality submission/presentation-ready. May provide medical writing support for multiple therapeutic areas.
- Interfacing with external experts (e.g., physicians, other health care professionals) and staff from other functions (e.g., Clinical, Medical Affairs, Statistics, Data Management, R&D) to ensure accurate and timely completion/delivery of information, including addressing conflicting demands, and review of scientific publications.
- Communicating deliverables needed, writing process and timelines to team members. Providing direction and guidance to external medical writers on assigned projects, ensuring a high-quality and timely work product, and adherence to Publication Policy and associated Procedures.
- Developing relationships with journals and a full understanding of their submission requirements,
- Serving as medical writing lead on scientific publications, and working with the Medical Communication Agency on publication strategies.
- Performing literature searches, as needed, for drafting publication content. Interpreting literature information and making recommendations for application to scientific publications
- Explaining data in manner consistent with the target audience(s) and journal/congress requirements. Understanding/complying with appropriate conventions, proper grammar usage, and correct format requirements per journal/congress guidelines, and following applicable company Publication Policy and Procedures.
- Tracking key conferences submission deadlines, and provides reminders to the organization with suggestions for submissions to the conferences.
Share This Position:
- 3+ years of medical/scientific writing experience in the medical devices/pharmaceutical/health care industry, academia, or related experience (eg, medical communication agency, clinical/scientific research) required.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in scientific field required. PhD, PharmD, Master’s Degree preferred. Relevant professional certification/credential (eg, CMPP, AMWA) is a plus.
- Experience in wound care, regenerative medicine, diabetes and/or medical devices preferred
- Knowledge of US and international regulations, requirements, and guidance’s associated with scientific publications. Working knowledge of the ICMJE and GPP3 guidelines
- Solid writing and editorial skills, as well as familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to assimilate and interpret scientific content, and translate information for appropriate audience.
- Expert in word processing, flow diagrams, and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to build strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications (verbal and written) skills are essential
- Ability to effectively manage time while balancing numerous high-priority projects with a sense of urgency
- Full proficiency in written and verbal English.