Our client is a leading Private Investment Firm located in Boston, MA. They are currently seeking a Network Engineer to join their team. The network engineer will work with the Director of Communication Services in maintaining an existing network architecture and implementation of next generation network architecture strategy in line with corporate strategic initiatives. If you are an experienced engineer then this could be the opportunity for you.
- Develop and present network engineering design packages in relation to the ongoing maintenance and enhancements of the private Wide Area Network (WAN), VPN backup network, Data Center network, and Wireless network.
- Plan, maintain, implement, support and troubleshoot the MPLS backbone.
- Implement routing protocols, including BGP, OSPF, PIM.
- Configuration and implementation of network hardware, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless lan controller, WAN application accelerators.
- Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to network topology, equipment, configuration, and design.
- Perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and maintenance contracts and related documentation and technical specifications.
- Plan, maintain, implement, support, and troubleshoot quality of service (QoS) policies throughout the converged data/video/voice network backbone.
- 5-7 years’ experience with global network design, operational support, hands-on implementation and configuration of routers, switches, WLAN controllers, firewalls.
- CCNA, CCNP Certification (CCNP preferred).
- Expert knowledge of BGP MPLS, OSPF, TCP/IP, VPNs, firewalls, DNS, and VoIP.
- Extensive experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting Cisco switching technologies including VLANs, Spanning Tree Protocol, VLAN Trunking Protocol, inter-VLAN routing, and trunking with 802.1q, ether-channel, and vPC.
- Experience with network management platforms, SNMP, traffic management, and capacity planning to help with network troubleshooting and network tuning.