About The Company:
A top educational nonprofit located in the Greater Boston area is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. This organization is experiencing a lot of growth due to their success and it would give you the opportunity to work closely with the CFO, while supervising a team of two. This is the perfect opportunity for someone coming out of another nonprofit with a passion for accounting and making a difference in the lives of at-risk youths.
- Oversee, implement and maintain accounting systems and procedures.
- Acts as liaison between the company, government, client and CPA auditors in providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained for chronological purposes.
- Review and transmit payroll on a bi-weekly schedule in conjunction with HR Manager.
- Execute benefits reconciliation between employee’s deductions and carrier’s invoices.
- Assign and audit the work of the accounting staff to develop: including Accounts Payable operations to ensure weekly check processing and cash journal entries.
- Manage online payments to different vendors.
- Communicate with vendors to address any past due invoices on their account and providing weekly status updates to CFO.
- Reclassify AP/Cash entries and posts it to the general ledger under the direction of CFO.
- Maintains cash receipts, payroll allocation and other accounting schedules.
- Perform account reconciliations monthly.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field required.
- 5-7 years of related work experience in nonprofit management or government
- Proficient knowledge of computerized accounting/payroll software, Blackbaud Accounting and ADP Payroll software strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) not-for-profit reporting and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 990 and Form 990-T requirements
- Experience with U.S. Federal Government Uniform Grant Guidance preferred
- Experience with Commonwealth of Massachusetts Uniform Financial Report (UFR) reporting requirements preferred.
If you are interested in learning more, please send your resume to email@example.com
Share This Position: