Our client is looking for an Analyst, Project and Portfolio Management Organization (“PMO”). The PMO Analyst is primarily responsible for all financial and resource management and reporting functions. This professional monitors and updates project-related information, including the creation of new projects, migration of time, and entry of project-related budgets and purchase orders (“POs”) in SharePoint and Oracle, the company’s financial application. In addition, they prepare reports and summaries of results to be used at various levels of the organization, up to and including the Executive Vice President level.
Share This Position:
- Serve as primary liaison to Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis teams with ad hoc analysis, data sourcing, research and financial and project reporting.
- Utilize Excel and other Business Intelligence tools to analyze planned and actuals for both budget and resource metrics and to provide visibility of resource utilization and/or availability to IT management.
- Support Project Management team’s adherence to project management best practices and methodologies such as Project Management Institute or similar standards and update project management process documentation as processes evolve.
- Oversee project close activities by supporting Project Management staff with final budget to actuals, final project plans and project site archiving, completed project reviews, and surveys.
- Partner with Operations Release Manager and Project Managers to coordinate release management meetings and activities.
- Provide training and support for the onboarding of new hires and software development life cycle process updates for all IT staff.
- Administer the resource management scheduling system (Project Server) and support other project management personnel in creating time block and/or actual work plans for their assigned projects.